Transform Your Smile. Change Your Life.
Meet Dr. Michael A. Pikos
World Renowned Implant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Michael A. Pikos is the CEO and Founder of Coastal Jaw Surgery and opened his first office in 1983 in Palm Harbor, FL. He is also the CEO and Founder of the world renowned Pikos Institute in Trinity, FL. He is recognized as a world authority on dental implant surgical reconstruction. Since 1990 he has been teaching advanced courses in bone and soft tissue grafting for dental implant placement with alumni that now number more than 4300 from all 50 states and 43 countries. He and his team of doctors emphasize interactive 3D CT radiograph technology along with foundational principles of prosthetics and biomechanics that dictate the ultimate success of comprehensive dental implant rehabilitation.
Hear from Dr. Michael A. Pikos
More about Dr. Michael A. Pikos
“Growing up I was always impressed with people who would say that their work is their play. Little did I know that I too would be able to say the same thing about what I do today. Indeed, my work is my play in addition to my avocations and my family commitments. As both a clinician and educator, I have great passion for what I do and feel truly blessed to be able to provide both clinical expertise and state of the art technology to help improve my patients’ quality of life. My professional niche involves surgical implant reconstruction including innovative hard and soft tissue grafting techniques and the use of high technology. I am unconditionally committed to providing compassionate, empathetic, and knowledgeable care to treat patients as I would my own family.”
- Dr. Michael A. Pikos
Dr. Michael A. Pikos is originally from Campbell, Ohio. He attended The Ohio State University where he graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa. He also graduated with honors from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. Dr. Pikos completed residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh, Montefiore Hospital.
Dr. Pikos founded Coastal Jaw Surgery in 1983 and is the senior member of a four surgeon practice. He has extensive experience in implant surgery, having placed more than 28,000 implants and having performed thousands of hard and soft tissue grafting procedures. He emphasizes interactive CT technology along with foundational principles of prosthetics and biomechanics that dictate the ultimate success of comprehensive implant rehabilitation. Since 1990, he devoted his practice exclusively to implant dentistry.
Dr. Pikos is the recipient of the 2006 Aaron Gershkoff Memorial Award from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and the 2015 Saul Schluger Memorial Award for Top Educator. He is also the first recipient of the Carl E. Misch Advanced Dental Implant Studies Education Award (2017).
Residency: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Montefiore Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Internship: Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton, OH
- DDS: Graduated with honors, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus, OH
- BS: Biology, Summa Cum Laude Phi Beta Kappa, The Ohio State University
- Diplomate: American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, American Board or Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Founder: Coastal Jaw Surgery
- Founder and CEO: Pikos Institute
- Founder: Pinnacle Study Club of Tampa Bay
Boards & Licenses
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Diplomate of the American Academy of Osseointegration
He is an Adjunct Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the following institutions:
- The Ohio State University, College of Dentistry
- Nova Southeastern University, College of Dental Medicine
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, School of Dentistry
Adjunct Associate Professor:
- Department of Periodontology and Prosthodontics, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Courtesy Clinician Associate Professor:
- Department of Periodontology and Prosthodontics, University of Florida, College of Dentistry
Dr. Pikos is on the Editorial Board of the following journals: Implant Dentistry, and the Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry. He is the Scientific Advisor on Implants for the Kois Center.
Dr. Pikos is founder and CEO of the Pikos Institute. Since 1990 he has been teaching advanced bone and soft tissue grafting courses with alumni that now number more than 4300 from all 50 states and 43 countries.
Transform Your smile. Change Your Life.
New Patients: Schedule a Free Implant Consultation with 3D X-Rays!
Do you have questions? We are here to help you. Please call for immediate assistance.