Transform Your Smile. Change Your Life.
Meet Dr. José F. Lázaro
Dr. José F. Lázaro was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He attended Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and was admitted to dental school 3 years prior to receiving his Bachelor of Science degree. He attended Sacred Heart University during the summer during his undergraduate studies and received his doctorate degree as an honor student at University of Puerto Rico, Medical Science Campus in 1987. In 1990, Dr. Lázaro graduated from the School of Dentistry and University District Hospital, University of Puerto Rico, Medical Sciences Campus in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as an honor student. Dr. Lázaro has been active in private practice and academia for over 23 years.
Hear from Dr. Lázaro.
More about Dr. José F. Lázaro
Dr. Lázaro maintains an active involvement with the dental community by providing education and lecture to local and international peers. He has been a Student Counselor, Instructor, Professor, Course Director, and Chief of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program at Bay Pines VA AEGD. He has also served as chairman of the Oral and Maxillofacial Training Program of the University of Puerto Rico, School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Lázaro has been an active advisor and lecturer for the Coastal Jaw Surgery Pinnacle Study Club at the Pikos Institute in Trinity, FL.
When Dr. Lázaro isn’t caring for patients, he is participating in big game fishing (tag and release), plays golf, and enjoys boating. He is a member of the International Game Fishing Association. Dr. Lázaro is bilingual: Spanish and English.
Over the past 25+ years of practicing oral and maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Lázaro has received several awards and has published numerous articles (examples of two articles):
Blunt Periorbital Trauma resulting in an Orbital Floor Fracture and Late Retrobulbar Hemorrhage.
Report of a Case; Dr. Alejandro Caribas and Dr. Jose F. Lazaro
Accepted for Publication Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Uncommon Presentation in the Oral and Maxillofacial Complex: Genitourinary Metastasis. Presented at the Poster Session of the 84th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Award Scientific Category, Dr. Luis Alicea and Dr. Jose F. Lazaro. October, 2002.
Boards and Licenses
- National Board. Dental Examinations Joint Commission of the American Dental Association. Issued 1987.
- Puerto Rico Dental Examination Board License. Number 1636. Issued on October 9, 1987.
- Northeastern Regional Boards, Written part. July 1987. Clinical part not offered in Puerto Rico.
- Drug Enforcement Administration Controlled Substances Licenses.
- Puerto Rico Controlled Substances Licenses.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, February 1993.
- Recertification Exam American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, October 2012.
- Pennsylvania Dental Board License. Number DS035285. Issued on February 13, 2004.
- Maryland Dental Board License. Number 13580. Issued on December 16, 2004.
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology.
- Florida Dental Board License. Number DN17813. Issued on December 20, 2006.
- Puerto Rico College of Dental Surgeons.
- Puerto Rico Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Fellow.
- Academia Cientifica y Cultura Iberoamericana.
- American Dental Association.
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, Fellow.
- Florida Dental Association.
- Florida Physicians Association.
- Hillsborough County Dental Association.
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology.
- West Coast District Dental Association.
- Upper Pinellas County Dental Association.
- West Pasco Dental Association.
- Dental Gulf Coast Outreach Program.
Dr. Lázaro is certified in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Advanced Trauma Life Support by the American Heart Association and American College of Surgeons. He is also an instructor in Advanced Cardiac Life Support from the American Heart Association.
Transform Your Smile. Change Your Life.
Are you a candidate for a FREE Consultation for dental implants? Take a one minute quiz to find out!
(includes 3D X-Rays, a $450 value)
Do you have questions? We are here to help you. Please call for immediate assistance.